Travels

Nuffnang Ad

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Coffee Talk at Blugre, Robinsons Place Gen San


Name of Trip: My Mindanao Family Affair 2010
Date: May 22 - 27, 2010
Destination: General Santos City, Sarangani Province & Davao city
Travel via: Air (Philippine Airlines & Cebu Pacific), Land (van, tricycle, bus)

Blended Cookies and Cream for me

I invited my nephews and nieces to join our talk sessions and I asked the best place to do this. They immediately said in Robinsons Place Gen San. This mall was newly open during my visit last 2010 and it is one of the best alfresco shops in the city. As I checked on different shops, I told them that we will have our coffee sessions at Blugre.


arrived at Robinsons Place Gen San

our place for our coffee talks

Blugre (pronounced as Blu-gray) is a homegrown coffee shop in Mindanao. It was based in Davao City and it has 2 branches here in General Santos which all were franchised by Manny Pacquiao. It started last 1998 by Gatchi and Larcy Gatchalian who were from Manila but migrated to Davao. One of their best sellers is the Durian Coffee in which my nephew loved it. The place was cozy and I saw some people having their business meeting on the other side and we seated just beside the counter. After that, we immediately ordered drinks and all of us ordered blended (cold) drinks and I ordered 3 big oatmeal cookies and I asked the crew to break into small pieces.

picture while waiting for our orders

picture time!

read some Mabuhay Magazines

me and my niece

cracking up some oatmeal cookies

delicious! 

Here comes our drinks

sip some blended drink

I ordered Blended Cookies and Cream 

He ordered the famous Blended Durian Coffee

Time for some coffee talks

I tasted the Durian Coffee and it was so good. You will endure the after taste of durian but it was a nice blended with coffee. I asked my nephews and nieces about their schooling since some of them were into college by the start of the school year. I also asked about their life here in Gen San since we did not see each other for more than two years. It was a happy conversation with a better place courtesy of Blugre, Robinsons Gen San. Since it was 11PM by that time, we left the shop and headed back home for another adventure in Mindanao.

 Here are my ratings:

Score base: 1 - Dissatisfied; 2 - Somewhat dissatisfied; 3 - Somewhat satisfied; 4 - Satisfied; 5 - Completely Satisfied

Location: 5 
Reason: Very accessible since the location is infront of the mall called Robinsons Mall Strip and parking was also easy.


Interiors: 5 
Reason: I love the design of this coffee shop. Very Filipino unlike other known coffee shops in Manila. 


Service: 4
Reason: Crews assisted us well. They are very helpful and asked us if we need some assistance from them.


Food: 4 
Reasons: Servings was great. I love the blended drinks but haven't tried their hot drinks. Their signature drink, Durian Coffee tasted so good. They also served non-coffee drinks, desserts and meals.


Price: 4
Reason: Higher rate than as I expected but still lower compared to other well known coffee shops in Metro Manila.



OVERALL RATING: 4.40 
Verdict: Great place to relax while drinking coffee while you are in either Davao or General Santos. 


More information below:

Blugre Coffee website: http://www.blugre.com/

Branches:
General Santos City
- Robinsons Place Gen San - Jose Catolico Avenue, Lagao, General Santos City
- JMP Building, South Osmena St. General Santos City

Davao City
- Bajada Branch - Landco Corporate Center, J.P Laurel Avenue, Davao City
- Matina Branch - Matina Town Square, Mc Arthur Highway, Davao City
- SM City Davao - Ground Floor, SM Davao, Ecoland Drive, Davao City




Continue to the next blog! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Other Links

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...