Travels

Nuffnang Ad

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Halo-Halo Time @ Original Famous Digman, Bacoor, Cavite


The Talk of the Town

It was a hot morning and fresh from my historical tour in Aguinaldo Shrine in Kawit, Cavite. During my tour, I didn't felt much hungry since I also listened on what the tour guide's lecture about the house. For complete details on my Aguinaldo Shrine tour, please see my previous blog

Map of Bacoor City. Source: Wikipedia

After I bought some pasalubong such as keychains and the famous tahong chips, I finally decided to have my early lunch. Most of the people mentioned Digman which I also recalled some of the readings of my blogger friends and somewhat featured it in television or in newspaper. They informed me that that their location was in Bacoor City. I rode a minibus and jeepney and all drivers were familiar with this place.

Cavite's version of minibus

The name came from the name of the barangay. The driver mentioned that it was not along the highway so he pointed a street on where I should go. The landmark I found was a bakery and the street name was C. Gawaran. I walked a narrow street ahead and I immediately found out the secret place of the talk of the town. Welcome to the Original - Famous Digman!

Finally spot

at last

I am the only customer so far

their logo

menu list

waiting for my lunch and halo-halo

I ordered pancit guisado (stir-fry noodles) and their famous halo-halo. I chose special but since they have no available ice cream, I settled for the regular serving. Actually, the only difference of the two was the ice cream but the ingredients were the same: leche  flan for toppings, ube, macapuno, langkagarbanzos, nata de coco, kaong, mongo beans, sago, banana, gulaman, avocado, kondol and beans. Price was only PHP45. It such as great deal. :)

here comes halo-halo

creamy and tasty


Actually, I like the halo-halo. The creaminess and the ingredients were just fine. I also like the leche flan as toppings where it was not too sweet as I expected. It was a great compliment in the halo-halo. Sweetened banana is what I loved in the ingredients where it was very tasty and soft. It was a great experience of eating this famous food in Bacoor,  Cavite. It is a money well spent if you go here and taste their famous meal especially halo-halo. :)


How to get there?

Note: Actually, there were 2 Digman Halo-Halo stores which both were street or block away since as I mentioned, the name derived from Barangay Digman. 

Via Private Car / Van - From Metro Manila, just headed to Aguinaldo Highway and turn right from Talaba. Go straight along Gen. Evangelista street until you find Barangay Digman. Look for C. Gawaran street (where you spot a bakery). Along Gawaran street, you will find BC2 Halo-Halo on your right ride (this is where I went). Head across and you will find Rubio Street corner Gawaran and you will find Original Digman Halo-Halo on your right. Just a beware: streets mentioned are narrow so better park along the highway.

Via Commute - ride a bus bound to Bacoor, Dasmarinas and Tagaytay which passes Aguinaldo Highway. Tell the driver or the bus conductor to drop you off to Talaba. Ride a jeepney to Mabolo which passes Gen. Evangelista street. Look for C. Gawaran street (where you spot a bakery). Along Gawaran street, you will find BC2 Halo-Halo on your right ride (this is where I went). Head across and you will find Rubio Street corner Gawaran and you will find Original Digman Halo-Halo on your right. Just a beware: streets mentioned are narrow so better park along the highway.


Have a Halo-Halo from Digman! :)




3 comments:

  1. simple lang pero parang masarap naman yung halo halo.affordable para sa summer :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ask lang po kung ano ung full address ng restau tska po ung contact number and contact person. for thesis purposes po . maraming salamat po

    ReplyDelete
  3. earn extra income.no cash out..just feel free to visit this link http://InternetDuty.com/?id=y_not.com

    ReplyDelete

Other Links

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...